Monday 1 July 2013

Welcome to July ...

Firstly you are going to notice we have had a slight name change - my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.  I noticed a few days ago there was an online magazine out of the US with the same name so in the interests of fair play (and self preservation) I've opted to switch things around now rather than risk having to do so further down the track. 

So a very big welcome to the very first challenge on Pixels and Paper.  It is great to have you join us.  Please make sure you view our rules to familiarise yourself with the how it all works here.

Our July challenge ...

 

When I look at this photograph I see many different things:-

 A child (girl) alone or a child (girl) and her dog (pet),
Someone fishing,
A bridge,
A river or lake on a sunny day,
Hair in plaits,
Rolled up jeans and sneakers,

 
If I look more closely I might see ..

A hand knitted cardigan/sweater (made for love or necessity?),
Intense concentration,
Companionship and/or love,
 

You may well see other things. What story do you wish to tell using this inspiration piece as your starting point?  Please explain this link when you submit your entry.
 

Introducing our inaugural Creative Team and their wonderful interpretations. Please welcome Di Hasthorpe, Tone-Lill Angelskar and Alicia Somers.   I will be presenting each team member individually and in greater detail throughout the month.
 
 

used  a photo of her husbands grandfather and his dogs taken at a beach ...
 
 
 
depicted the love of a girl for her horse
 
 
 
recounted a fun-filled day of a family fishing trip
 
 
 
shows a tiny girl with her own fishing rod
 
 
 
Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on July 31st, 2013. We'd love to see your interpretation of the photograph. 
 
I am still on the lookout for another digital based team member for Pixels and Paper - please contact me if this might be of interest to you.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the inspiration image and what each team member used for their own piece.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane and team. Looking at photos for inspiration is not my strong point (I'm better with those colour challenges) but I had a go at it, and I've put an entry in. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. But mine is more structural rather than theme based. hope that is ok!
    Kylie gW

    ReplyDelete