Monday 1 September 2014

Welcome to September ...

This month we celebrate Father's Day in Australia so as a tribute to Dad's everywhere we bring you a little male focused inspiration.  That doesn't mean we expect male dominated pages - oh No!  In fact you can select anything that inspires you from this image on which to base your page - it could be the fishing or the silhouette, perhaps the sunrise or sunset or the lovely water scene.  Maybe the muted colour scheme attracts you - whatever the inspiration we would love to see your pages.


This month our team have some really lovely yet very different takes on our inspiration photograph.


I'd  also like to welcome Lynne Joncas to our team.  Lynne was our guest designer last month but I am now delighted to welcome her to the team as one of our members.

LYNNE

The feeling of serenity is what spoke to me most in the inspiration photo, and that's what I tried to capture here. This photo was taken near where we used to live in northern BC by a family friend, who was kind enough to let me scoop it from his Facebook page! The gathered paper is from a sewing pattern, and the monochromatic colours are meant to draw your eye to that fabulous sunset!


TONE-LILL

It is such a breathtaking inspiration photo this month, so I was truly inspired by the sea and the calming evening colours.

I have had some photos of my sister's family for a while, taken around their cabin by the fjords, so now I could make a page as an addition to my niece's album.


HEIDI

The fishing picture inspired me to do this page using a similar theme.  Come along and join in with P&P for this fun challenge.

From our inspiration photo this month, I decided to go with the beach theme. The photos are of my son (aged 8)  and myself, exploring the rock pools at Flat Rock near Ballina. This is a great area to find all sorts of little marine creatures, including starfish, sea anemones and sea urchins.
Diecutting, stamping and heat embossing are some of the techniques used on this layout.

Loved this photograph - I instantly wanted to scrap my sons first fishing trip.

I was inspired by the beach theme. I am on the right, aged 2 1/2. I have written all the names on the tag slipped under the left side of the photo.

 I was inspired by the blues in the water.


I was inspired by the sunset/sunrise aspect of this photograph.  It is a magical time caught between night and day, when the earth is still and tranquil like it is just catching it's breath.

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on September 30th.

You are welcome to submit traditional paper layouts, art journals, divided page protectors, smash books (etc etc).  Digital entries are welcomed and encouraged.  All entries must be new for this challenge and no back-linking is allowed.  I am happy for you to combine with other challenges (maximum of 3) but the essence of the Pixels and Paper inspiration must be clear in your work. Combining with a sketch or colour challenge would be preferred.  International submissions are welcome.

Please come back on the 8th when we will announce the winners for August and introduce our September guest designer.




No comments:

Post a Comment