Wednesday 1 April 2015

Welcome to April ...

This month we have an image I think you can have a lot of fun with and will lend itself really nicely to those masculine, outdoorsy types of pages.


 You could go with clouds, twilight, silhouette of anything, grey, white and black, playing sports outside, riding bikes anywhere. Or you could work with the spokes as in a pie chart, or use chipboard gears and cogs or use the circles as a feature. Use your imagination - we'd love to see what you come up with.

This is how our team was inspired ...

TONE-LILL
 
It it such a cool inspiration picture this month so I wanted to make a masculine card inspired by the bike.  I have had this vintage chipboard bike for quite some time and this was the perfect moment to use it. Here is a detail photo and a photo of the inside, using vintage inspired paper with an old bike in the pattern. Just perfect for the background on the inside of my card.

How did you get inspired? Card, tag, LO or off the page. We would love to see your creations :)

KAREN
The bike had me thinking about wheels and gears and circles. I raided my stash to see what I could find to work with, and I then I rummaged through my photo envelopes to find some suitable pics. This isn't how I envisaged scrapping these photographs, but I am pleased to add another layout to our 2014 family trip album.

LYNNE
 
 I was inspired by the bike silhouette surrounded by  the sky and trees, and the inspiration photo made me think of this wonderful image from the movie ET, which to me is a story about friendship and loyalty.

REGINA
 I had lots of fun with this one. I knew what photo I wanted straight away, but it took me a while to find it amongst the 100's! I'm amazed the chicken was happy to stay in the basket, and the dog was almost asleep! So I have taken the bike theme and the colours from the inspirational image. Lots of stamping, embossing and inking on this page, and the mesh and brads gave it more texture. Looking forward to seeing how you all interpret this month's image.

HEIDI
This months challenge for April ,I took inspiration with the bike the cogs and colours...It was a fun page hope you can join us this month.

DI
This month, I rode with the theme of bikes and also used some of the darker hues of colour from the inspiration photo. I knew I had the perfect paper in my stash, just sitting there waiting for these photos of my son, riding his bike around the front and back yards.  I've also added cogs, embossed and diecut from foil shim.

JANE
I was definitely inspired by the theme of bikes.  My dh was a champion track cyclist in his younger days and when the Masters Games came to Sydney in 2009 he decided to put in some training and enter a few of the races.  He didn't win anything but he enjoyed the experience and achievement of being a part of this special event.

PHILLIS
I was instantly drawn to those wheels of the bike in the inspiration photo. With the dark background the photo made me think of a page for a boy. For my page I used a photo of my husband playing volleyball. This photo made me think of the spokes in the wheels of the bike. I used some dark background paper and then some scraps of patterned and volleyball papers. The metal and cardboard gears just seemed to be needed on the page.

NOW IT IS YOUR TURN ...

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on April 30th.

You are welcome to submit traditional paper layouts, art journals, divided page protectors, smash books (etc). Digital entries are welcomed and encouraged.  All entries must be new for this challenge and no back-linking please.

  I am happy for you to combine with two other challenges but the essence of the Pixels and Paper inspiration must be clear in your work. Combining with a sketch and technique/product challenge would be preferred. Please include our inspirational picture as well as provide a link back to Pixels and Paper on your blog post and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired. International submissions are welcome.

This year we will have two main prize packs - one will be selected by Creative Team vote and the other purely by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, no matter your style or your level of experience.  All these prizes will be available to anyone, no matter your country of residence.  We will also offer one entrant a chance to guest with us for the following month and they will also receive a small prize.

Please come back on the 8th when we will announce the winners for March.


2 comments:

  1. These layouts are amazing!! I love this inspiration photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome inspiration photo! My initial impression is silhouettes, but I'm sure that will change, lol! Brilliant work by the DT - very talented ladies there! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Deb.xx

    ReplyDelete