Tuesday 22 November 2016

Team Training for November ...

Welcome to our  November edition of  Team Training brought to you this month by team member Shazza Bishop.

Each month one of our team will inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your scrapbooking pursuits.

Distressed Machine Sewing with Shazza Bishop

Hi, Shazza here this month with a great grungy sewing technique you can add to your photos or pages.



Start by sewing around the edge of your page. I used black thread as it shows up really well, but you can use any color that suits the color palette of your page. Before you sew right to the corner, stop about an inch, release the machine foot and pull the cotton out a little way. Place foot on adjacent edge (down from the top and continueto sew.



Repeat the same step (pulling cotton out before getting to the corner), on all edges. You can even do a few rounds (I did three on this particular page), verying the length of cotton and starting and stopping at different spots.


Here is the page once I had completed the distressed machine sewing around the edges


You can even do the same technique around your photos. You can trim cotton if it covers a face or is too long.


Here is my completed page 'Hungry Hungry Kid-a-Pillar'

Hope you give this technique a go and Enjoy this technique as much as I did!

Don't forget to have your entry in for our challenge this month.  Some lovely prizes on offer - one prize by vote, another completely by random draw and a guest designer spot with RAK to offer one lucky entrant. You have until 11.55 on the final day of the month to have your submission linked.

3 comments:

  1. Love this technique. it's been a while since I sewed on my pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I like this Shazza, I frequently use stitching but most of my 'grunge' look is unintentional when the feeder is playing up! Fab technique :)

    ReplyDelete