Thursday 1 December 2016

It's December ....

and it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas and you guessed it - that's our theme this month with a difference, you can also include your furry and feathered friends.








CRITERIA - Christmas and/or Pets and if you are extra clever  ... Christmas Pets 

SHAZZA


Our naughty dog Duke, is definitely on Santa's naughty list this year!!

LYNNE
I was inspired by the warm Christmas colours and the sweet pets; this is my Zoe having a nap in the middle of my Christmas village!

PHILLIS
I liked the red poinsettias and the red bulbs on the tree. I used red flowers on my page also, plus some red, white and green buttons

ELAINE
For me my immediate inspiration was the gorgeous dogs all looking hopeful. I am the owner of three dogs so I knew straight away that I would be using a picture of one of them in front of the fire. It is there favourite place during the winter months. Living in a character cottage, it inspires you to go mad with the Christmas decor and our house usually resembles Santa's grotto! Lol. I used paper from the new Kaisercraft Silent Night collection.

KAREN
I decided to make some Christmas cards. I jumped into my (very small) stash of Christmas-themed products, and came up with... reindeer! Santa's pets, yeah?

DI
 liked the pet/traditional Christmas theme and decided to do a spin on these two subjects. We don't actually have any pets, but our semi-permanent resident tawny frogmouths disappear from about late July and often reappear during the Christmas season. When they come back, there are often youngsters in tow. This is a photo of two of the bubs who were a welcome Christmas surprise.
I've used traditional colours of reds and greens with a smattering of gold and silver. The black background was stencilled with gold ink before I attached the tree shapes and silk ribbons.

REBECCA

JANE
Inspired by the colours and the theme ...
Christmas - it isn't always about the presents, sometimes it is just about the boxes they come in !


NOW IT IS UP TO YOU ...

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on December 31st.

You are welcome to submit traditional paper layouts, art journals, divided page protectors, smash books, a mixed media canvas. Digital entries are welcomed and encouraged.  All entries must be new for this challenge and no back-linking please.

  You may combine with a sketch challenge only - no other combining will be accepted. Please include our inspirational picture as well as provide a link back to Pixels and Paper on your blog post and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired. International submissions are welcome.

This year we will have two main prize packs - one will be selected by Creative Team vote and the other purely by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, no matter your style or your level of experience.  All these prizes will be available to anyone, no matter your country of residence.  We will also offer one entrant a chance to guest with us for the following month and they will also receive a small prize.

Due to a family vacation our November winners will not be announced until the 11th of December.






No comments:

Post a Comment