Thursday 22 October 2015

Team Training for October ...

Welcome to our October edition of Team Training brought to you this month by team member, Tone-Lill Angelskar. 

Each month one of our team will inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your scrapbooking pursuits. 

Lace Flowers by Tone-Lill Angelskar

Hello everyone, today I want to show you how to make flowers of trims of laces. By stitching in different places you get different looks.


On the first lace I stitched at the bottom with narrow stitches.



and then I pulled tight together... 


...before securing the thread and I finished the flower off with a button.


On the second lace I threaded it in the middle ...


.... and when pulling it together it looks like a carnation flower or pom pom if you like. Flowers like these can be used hanging loose on tags or on OTP (off the page creations) just as much as on regular pages. 


The third lace I stitched through the holes about a quarter from the edge... 


... so when pulling it together you get a small Rosetta on top of the flower.


This one was finished of with a tiny "blingy" gem.


And here they are,  three different flowers made up very quickly just by using trims of laces.


I used all the flowers on small vintage tags.




I hope this will help you to make your own flowers and it is a fab way to up-cycle short unwanted cuts of laces. 

Wish you all a Happy Scrappy Week :)


These are just gorgeous Tone-Lill - thanks for sharing with us all.

Don't forget to have your entry in for our challenge this month.  Some lovely prizes on offer - one prize by vote, another completely by random draw and a guest designer spot with RAK to offer one lucky entrant.  You have until 11.55 on the final day of the month to have your submission linked.

We'd love to see some more entries this month.






4 comments:

  1. Tone-Lill, they are amazing! I especially like the middle one (like a pom-pom or carnation) - I have heaps of that sort of lace in my stash just waiting for something to do... I'm going to get busy!!
    Deb.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These flowers are gorgeous and I think I could make them. Thanks for sharing how to make these flowers!

    ReplyDelete