Sunday 1 November 2015

November rolls on by ...

Welcome to yet another month and a new challenge here on Pixels and Paper - Christmas is just around the corner and summer is knocking on our door.  As always please find inspiration for your entry from our inspiration photograph.  


So what do you see?  Are you drawn to the colours, the composition, the design?  Are you inspired to document a story about trees, the changing seasons or perhaps the furniture is your inspiration?


Whatever your inspiration we would love to see your take on this photograph - please share your work with us this month.

Our team has some really wonderful and varied takes on the inspiration this month ...  

This month we welcome a new team member to our group - say Hello to the lovely Rebecca Daly from Alberta province in Canada.  Rebecca was our guest designer in January and is replacing Tone-Lill Angelskar who has had to step down due to work commitments.  We are so sorry to see you go Tone-Lill  - you have been a wonderful inspiration to us all and we wish you all good things in your creative future.

REBECCA
 I was inspired by the colourful art on the wall and the plain living room

ANNA
I was inspired of the blocks of the lovely colors and the circles/leaves in the blocks. I even was inspired of the composition of the picture and pasted it on my LO a bit...

LYNNE
The tree theme jumped out at me as well as the idea of seasons, but the image I chose reflects on seasons of our lives rather than simply the change in the weather. To me spring is hope fulfilled and I think it's good to have a bit of that springtime in our hearts every single season of the year!

PHILLIS
I really struggled with creating a page from the inspirational photo this month. My first instinct was to do something with trees and possibly Fall. I just was unable to find any photos that I liked. I kept coming back to the inspiration photo and would sit at my scrap desk contemplating what I would create. Nature is what kept popping into my head. I finally decided that I would scrap photos of nature.....our trip to Alaska I had photos from our cruise and these photos were beautiful. So used a background paper that had the various colors from the inspiration photo and then went from there.

REGINA
I was inspired by the colours and the frames in this month's image. I chose the p/paper for its colours and the flower pattern to compliment my outdoor photos. Looking forward to your entries and seeing how you interpret this month's image!

KAREN
When I saw the inspiration picture, I knew exactly what I wanted to create. I made a double page layout, using up lots of old stash bits and pieces.

DEB

My November piece is focused on a single tree and it's changing seasons. I've created a canvas using Gelatos for the base, which I've sealed using Micro Glaze, and then using Dylusions paints on top. I've also incorporated some of Tone-Lill's ribbon flowers into the spring tree... 

JANE

I was inspired by both the use of four panels and the colour combination found in them to create my page about my son's dedication to his swimming pursuits. 



NOW IT IS YOUR TURN ...

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on November 30th.

You are welcome to submit traditional paper layouts, art journals, divided page protectors, smash books (etc). Digital entries are welcomed and encouraged.  All entries must be new for this challenge and no back-linking please.

  I am happy for you to combine with two other challenges but the essence of the Pixels and Paper inspiration must be clear in your work. Combining with a sketch and technique/product challenge would be preferred. Please include our inspirational picture as well as provide a link back to Pixels and Paper on your blog post and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired. International submissions are welcome.

This year we will have two main prize packs - one will be selected by Creative Team vote and the other purely by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, no matter your style or your level of experience.  All these prizes will be available to anyone, no matter your country of residence.  We will also offer one entrant a chance to guest with us for the following month and they will also receive a small prize.



Please come back on the 8th when we will announce our winners for October.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Rebecca and farewell Tone-Lill! Fabulous interpretations of the inspiration photo from the ladies of the DT! Such variety again, and such beautiful work! I can't wait to see other different interpretations as they link up - bring it on!!
    Deb.xx

    ReplyDelete