Sunday 22 November 2015

Team training for November ...

Welcome to our November edition of Team Training brought to you this month by team member, Anna Uhras.

Each month one of our team will inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your scrapbooking pursuits. 

.
Using your Punches and Dies in a different way by Anna Uhras

Today I'd like to challenge you to think negative :)  Sometimes that can be positive, believe it or not.
This might be old news for some of you but maybe it can be a reminder then.

Mostly when we use our punches and cutting machines the small cut pieces is all we use, eh?
And so do I, and that's beautiful , BUT today I, as I said, will challenge you to turn NEGATIVE ...

Give those lovely left over darlings a chance to sparkle instead of being thrown in the trash bin.
I use them in my layering on my layouts. 

I think it is a great way to give dimension without being too heavy if you see what I mean.

I will show you some of my layouts using the negative part of  the paper...

Here I have used both the circles and the "holes"

Here I didn't want to cover the background work too much so this piece fitted perfectly.

On this page you can find a piece of Vellum with some "holes" of stars.

I know this isn't a revolution but I think those negative pieces of papers deserve our attention.
 Sometimes they can be the feature of your entire page :)

I hope I've inspired you to think one more time before you just throw the "holes" in the bin :)

Have a scrappy day everyone!

Thanks Anna,  I certainly need to stop and think before I reach for my rubbish bin.  These negatives certainly are a huge positive.

Don't forget to have your entry in for our challenge this month.  Some lovely prizes on offer - one prize by vote, another completely by random draw and a guest designer spot with RAK to offer one lucky entrant.  You have until 11.55 on the final day of the month to have your submission linked.



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Anna! I love using the negatives on my layouts too. Also fun to do with alphabets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually throw the negatives away. I will be more certain to us them in the future

    ReplyDelete