Tuesday 1 December 2015

And finally it's December ...

And the year is nearly done !!  Welcome to December and a new challenge here on Pixels and Paper.  This one is easy - we had to celebrate the silly season!!   As always please find inspiration for your entry from our inspiration photograph.  

Lots to play with here - the bright and happy colours, the Christmas theme, the stockings or Santa or making of Gingerbread men.  Maybe a tree or two ...


Whatever your inspiration we would love to see your take on this photograph - please share your work with us this month.

Our team has some really creative takes on the inspiration this month ...  


ANNA
 I was inspired by the red and green and the Christmas trees and the striped candy canes.

REGINA
 I had some very busy bright Christmas paper which was difficult to use, some I punched it into squares and mounted them onto a plain panel. This technique would work with many other busy papers too. Looking forward to see your December entries, and enjoy the festive season.

REBECCA
I was inspired by the cookies and colours (red, white and green)

PHILLIS
Christmas is what this inspiration photo screamed to me when I saw it! Finding a photo is what I was screaming about. I wanted to use green and red on my page. I found this wonderful photo of my mom from Christmas 2005. My mom hates having her photo taken. Thus this page in my photo album will be a real treasure.

DEB
I was firstly drawn to the beautiful bright green and red colours, and to the chocolate and the gingerbread. I also wanted to incorporate the overall Christmas theme of the bikkies into my layout!

KAREN
 I took inspiration from the Christmas theme. I don't have a lot of 'special' Christmas photographs, but I found some shots from a 2012 Christmas gathering at our local fire brigade and created a photo montage. I bought the felt ornaments at a sale last year, and finally got around to using them!

LYNNE
I was inspired by the Christmas cookie theme because every year when my kids were growing up I baked a bunch of small gingerbread houses and had a decorating party for them and their friends.

JANE
In spired by the red and green (naturally) and the overall Christmas theme.  


NOW IT IS YOUR TURN ...

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on December 31st.

You are welcome to submit traditional paper layouts, art journals, divided page protectors, smash books (etc). Digital entries are welcomed and encouraged.  All entries must be new for this challenge and no back-linking please.

  I am happy for you to combine with two other challenges but the essence of the Pixels and Paper inspiration must be clear in your work. Combining with a sketch and technique/product challenge would be preferred. Please include our inspirational picture as well as provide a link back to Pixels and Paper on your blog post and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired. International submissions are welcome.

This year we will have two main prize packs - one will be selected by Creative Team vote and the other purely by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, no matter your style or your level of experience.  All these prizes will be available to anyone, no matter your country of residence.  We will also offer one entrant a chance to guest with us for the following month and they will also receive a small prize.



Please come back on the 8th when we will announce our winners for November.


No comments:

Post a Comment