Wednesday 15 June 2016

Introducing our June guest ...

This month we welcome Judy Willey with her take on our inspiration. 

Although the distressed timber of the door attracted my attention initially and was the inspiration for the background paper, the hinges and lock also caught my eye as did the yellow flowers. I have used alcohol inks, and heat embossing for the “metal ware” and distressed most of the edges of the patterned paper.

Hi, my name is Judy and I have been scrapping for about 10 years. Most Saturdays I meet with a group friends for a day of scrapping and lots of fun and laughter. I live in tropical north Queensland with my husband who is a keen sailor. Consequently a lot of my scrapping involves being on or near the water. My beautiful grandchildren are also a huge inspiration for me. Although I don’t think I have a well defined scrapping style, colour is an important consideration and I do enjoy using lots of layers and texture. I love to try new techniques and I often incorporate stitching or fabric into my scrapbooking. I am truly honoured to be asked to guest design for Pixels and Paper.


Here are a couple more examples of my work.



Thank you for joining us as part of the team during June Judy.

Everyone has until the end off the month to play along with our Pixels and Paper challenge. We'd love to see how you are inspired by our photograph and the use of distressing in some way on your page.


Next week we have something special to share with you from a member of our design team.  Please call past on the 22nd for some Team Training.





2 comments:

  1. Hello Judy, and welcome! I love your inspiration layout, and the fresh, happy style of the others too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your creations posted here!! Thanks for joining us at Guest Designer this month

    ReplyDelete