Monday 1 August 2016

Hi there August ...

Welcome to August at Pixels and Paper.  

I thought we could all do with a little bit of bright and happy this month and nothing makes me happier than yummy little cupcakes!

CRITERIA - The use of tiny embellishments

As always please find inspiration from our image as you would like - you might like to focus on the cake theme or take an element such as the hearts or flowers and run with those.  Perhaps the colour combination calls to you or you love the use of circles - whatever inspires you about our image, please share with us.

Our team have some fantastic layouts to inspire you ...

DI
This month I have done a double page layout. The beach has been a common theme in my photography, layouts and off-the-page projects I've been doing lately. With this one I decided that I wanted the photo to look as though it had been enclosed within a shell. I added a number of different embellishments, heat embossed chippies and the title and foiled the music staff. I also used jewellery backings, charms, rhinestones and beads. To complete the pages I added a swoosh of seed pearls and  punched and glittered edges.

KAREN

I took inspiration from the circles and the bright colours. I used gold sequins as my tiny embellishments.

LYNNE
I was inspired by the cupcakes and the baking theme; here's my son at 2 1/2 "helping" me make chocolate cake batter! I used tiny brads on the yellow paper and microbeads for sprinkles on the cupcakes.

REBECCA
 I was inspired by the cupcakes, the colours and the sprinkles.

PHILLIS
The circles and the pastel colors were what inspired me to create this layout. I used a photo from Easter so the pastel colors were perfect. I fussy cut the Easter bunnies out of some patterned paper.

REGINA
This is our last month with Regina who has stepped down from the team and will be greatly missed.  Thank you inspiring us with your wonderful work and we wish you all the very best in whatever the future brings for you.
The criteria of tiny embellishment suited my photo of ice cream with sprinkles well. I have used glitter and a handmade heart of tiny beads for my embellishments. Looking forward to seeing all your entries.

DEB
I took the use of small embellishments very seriously, and thought that a Finnabair-inspired piece would take that to the nth degree! I also wanted to incorporate the bright colours from the inspiration picture in my canvas panel. My canvas panel in the middle is the equivalent to a photo on any other layout - it is the 'hero' and contains the requisite small embellies.

JANE
I took inspiration from a few of the decorations -  the flowers and the butterflies in particular and used a patterned paper that contained a number of the main colours - bold pink, blue, green and yellow.

NOW IT IS UP TO YOU ...

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on August 31st.

You are welcome to submit traditional paper layouts, art journals, divided page protectors, smash books, a mixed media canvas. Digital entries are welcomed and encouraged.  All entries must be new for this challenge and no back-linking please.

  You may combine with a sketch challenge only - no other combining will be accepted. Please include our inspirational picture as well as provide a link back to Pixels and Paper on your blog post and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired. International submissions are welcome.

This year we will have two main prize packs - one will be selected by Creative Team vote and the other purely by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, no matter your style or your level of experience.  All these prizes will be available to anyone, no matter your country of residence.  We will also offer one entrant a chance to guest with us for the following month and they will also receive a small prize.

Please come back on the 8th when we will announce our winners for July.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving everyone's work this month - just brilliant!! Di, your double layout shell is just amazing - such a fabulous idea! And Jane, I love your clean, straight lines to allow the focus to be on that adorable photo! Brilliant!! Happy August everyone!!
    Deb.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creations by everyone. You all inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete