Monday 1 May 2017

Welcome May ...

This month we thought we might have a change of pace and try our hands at creating our layouts in a vintage or shabby chic style. Our image is a nod to a Mother's love since we do celebrate Mother's Day here in Australia during May but really this month it is all about the style rather than the photograph. That doesn't mean you can't be inspired by our lovely picture - you can certainly use the colours, or the theme or the use of flowers / lace / ribbon for your entry.

CRITERIA - Vintage or Shabby Chic style

And this is how our team was inspired ...

REBECCA

KAREN
Shabby chic is a style that I feel I never get quite 'right' but I have made a Mother's Day card for my Mum, with muted colours, distressed edges, doily, stitching and velvet trim.

DI
This month I've completed a vintage style layout using a photo of my family (mum, siblings, partners and self ) taken at a reunion in the late seventies. 

ELAINE
A card for my Mum.

LYNNE
I was inspired by the soft colours, old-fashioned clothing and overall vintage feel; this is a photo of my great-great grandparents.

PHILLIS
I loved this inspiration photo. I used an old photo of my grandparents. I tried to make it look vintage.

 SHAZZA

 JANE
Inspired by the pink, yellow and brown tones of the image and thinking of my Grandma.

Hope you can come and join in with our challenge this month, we need more of you playing along with us and winning some great prizes.  Please remember we only accept combining our challenge with a sketch challenge.

Please upload your entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on May 31st.

We can't wait to see your pages.

Please come back on the 8th when we will announce our winners for April.

3 comments: